The Assistant Accountant will provide support to the senior accountant and wider finance team by helping to prepare financial statements, accounts, budgets, processing invoices and preparing VAT returns.
Assistant Accountants are also a key member of the finance team who are responsible for the finalisation of month-end and year-end accounts.
The role is hugely instrumental in helping the finance team make decisions about what will ultimately improve business performance.
An Assistant Accountant job description generally includes:
- Supporting the senior/managing accountant and wider finance team
- Collaborating with these teams to work on various accounting projects
- Performing reconciliations of accounts
- Processing payments and invoices accurately and within expected time periods
- Verifying financial statements, ledgers and accounts and making corrections where appropriate
- Preparing profit and loss accounts sheets
- Preparing VAT return
- Preparing the yearly budget
- Taking minutes in meetings and other administrative duties
- The ability to produce accurate financial reports
- Excellent attention to detail
- Discretion as there will likely be sensitive information and figures discussed
- The ability to work to strict time constraints
- The ability to prioritise work
- An organised and methodical approach to a task
- Address Kathmandu
- Salary Offer NRs. 15,000.00 - 20,000.00
- Experience Level Junior